Client: Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei
Morphum Environmental was engaged to alleviate flooding in the Okahu Urupa, enhance local habitat and ecology, provide cultural resources and improve water quality.
The daylighting of the tidal creek coupled with restoration of fresh water tributaries was assessed as having the best outcomes for authentic restoration providing connected waterways.
- Facilitation of a hui with Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei hapu representatives and whanau to determine objectives and priorities for the restoration.
- Options analysis including background study and site assessment.
- Definition of design considerations.
- Concept design development and options assessment.
- Identification of synergies with options for Western Okahu Bay.
- Embodiment of the principles of Ahi Ka, Mana Whenua and Whakawhanaungatanga to rekindle the energy between people and place and provide a significant opportunity for healing and growing kaitiakitanga into the future.