Morphum Environmental is an environmental engineering and consulting company committed to health and safety practices in all areas of its work.
Morphum Environmental has established, documented, implemented, and is maintaining its Health and Safety management system and continually improving its effectiveness in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and associated regulations.
Morphum Environmental recognises it has statutory obligations to provide a safe and healthy environment for all employees, contractors, clients and the public under the Act as a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU). Our aim is for management and employees to work in an effective partnership to promote an accident free workplace by taking all practicable steps to ensure the Health and Safety of all people in the vicinity of our workplace.
Morphum Environmental management will take all practicable steps to ensure the Health and Safety of employees, the public and the environment. To this end, we will take all practicable steps to:
- Comply with a level of Health and Safety that meets or exceeds relevant legislation.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment and ensure employees are not exposed to significant hazards.
- Implement a continuous improvement plan, based on senior management review of Health and Safety material annually.
- Support continuous improvement in Health and Safety policies.
- Ensure employee consultation and participation in Health and Safety issues.
- Ensure employees are aware of the requirement that they take all practicable steps to ensure they do not cause harm to themselves or others.
- Provide and maintain equipment and facilities for the safety of employees.
- Insist that safe working practises are followed by employees and contractors.
- Provide appropriate training and supervision.
- Ensure responsibilities of all employees are understood.
- Regularly inspect and maintain all machinery and equipment.
- Accurately report, record and investigate all accidents or near misses.
- Support and encourage the safe and early return to work of injured employees.
- Be proactive in identifying, assessing and controlling new hazards.
- Provide procedures to deal with any emergencies.
The key to good Health and Safety practice is the commitment and involvement of management and employees at all levels. Morphum Environmental encourages all employees to participate in the Health and Safety process through both consultation and participation.
We are committed to putting into practice all aspects of Health and Safety as outlined in the Morphum Environmental Health and Safety Plan.