- Key CAD role in our progressive environmental consultancy
- Strong team culture with a flexible working environment
- Sustainability is fundamental to the company culture
We are seeking a motivated and adaptable individual to provide CAD design services to our growing team.
Morphum Environmental is an active industry leader in civil and three waters engineering services, environmental services, sustainable land development and sustainable management. With offices in New Zealand and Australia our projects are focused on developing effective, creative solutions to benefit customers, their communities and the environment.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Civil CAD Designer to join our team. The role can be based in either of our centrally located offices in Auckland or Wellington. The purpose of the position is to provide innovative design and draughting services, producing high quality plans, drawings, and design deliverables. In addition the CAD Designer will develop our CAD processes and methodology. This role is a technical expert and will increase the team’s knowledge and capacity in CAD. As part of our dynamic and sustainability focused team, you will be involved in a wide range of interesting and multidisciplinary projects.
Your background, experience and attributes will include:
- Proven experience in design and draughting of water and wastewater pipelines and assets
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Certificate in CAD Design Draughting or relevant trade certificate
- Proficient in 2D and 3D design software packages (ideally 12d and BricsCAD), experience with 12d Drainage Design would be an advantage. Although we would prefer 12d proficiency, for the right applicant we would offer 12d training
- Sound understanding of civil engineering
- An interest in working on innovative and complex design challenges with a focus on environmental outcomes such as constructed wetlands, water sensitive urban design and site specific 3 waters design
- Proven ability to produce accurate engineering drawings which are clear to follow, visually appealing and meet client’s expectations
- Proactive, problem-solver who is adaptable and possesses the ability to work under pressure
- Maintain and seek continuous improvement in current CAD systems
What can we offer you?
You can look forward to joining a company with a great team culture, where people work hard but know how to let their hair down.
Other reasons we think Morphum is a great place to work are:
- Sustainability isn't just a buzzword at Morphum Environmental – it's a way of life
- We are a 100% NZ owned company
- We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible solutions to our clients
- We have a strong focus on learning and development
- Staff contributions are recognised and valued
Although we would prefer this to be a full time permanent role, our focus is on delivering the best possible solutions to our clients, so for the right person, we are happy to provide flexible working and/or reduced hours as we believe in supporting our team in their personal endeavours too.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining a company with a great team culture where you can help us make a positive impact, apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your curriculum vitae and a cover letter telling us why you’d love to work for Morphum including which office you are applying for. Check out our website for further opportunities www.morphum.com.