Saving the world with solutions that weave science into management.
Ecology, at its core, deals with interactions between organisms and their environment. The natural environment encompasses the material world as a whole, including natural resources, biodiversity, aesthetic values, ecosystem services and intrinsic natural values. At Morphum Enviromental, we believe in ecosystem based management that incorporates the relationship between people and the natural environment. We view the natural environment with multiple paradigms incorporating ecological, mātauranga māori, social, recreational, amenity and economic values. We understand that our terrestrial, freshwater and coastal environments are intrinsically connected, and we strive to be the interpreters of the natural environment.
Within both rural and urban environments, there are many opportunities to minimise ecological impacts associated with proposed activities, or provide a positive environmental outcome. When undertaking activities that may have an impact on the natural environment, a thorough understanding of the relevant environmental regulations and how to best navigate the resource consenting process untimely saves our clients time and money in achieving their desired outcomes, while also minimising the environmental impact.
How can we help?
Morphum Environmental focuses on integrated science and engineering, and operates in multi-disciplinary teams to provide critical advice and interpretation, developing solutions that are ecologically sensitive and sustainable. We use innovative technologies and GIS to communicate science effectively and interactively to our multi-disciplinary project teams and clients
Our services include:
- Terrestrial, freshwater, wetland and coastal ecological assessments.
- Water quality monitoring and results reporting.
- Ecological impact assessments.
- Biodiversity assessments.
- Supporting information for resource consents.
- Stream ecological valuations (SEV).
- Macroinvertebrate sampling and results reporting.
- Freshwater fish sampling and results reporting.
- Fish relocation plans.
- Stormwater and wastewater effects assessments.
- Contaminated land investigations.
- Environmental auditing and compliance.
- Preparation of environmental management plans for industrial sites.
- Scientific investigations and reporting.
- Advice on policy development and interpretation.
- Ecological restoration plans.
- Weed and pest management plans.
- Management plans for protected areas.
- Peer reviews, consenting and compliance.