Rebecca Yeates is an Environmental Scientist based at Morphum Environmental’s Hamilton Office. Rebecca has graduated from the University of Waikato with a Masters in Science (Research) majoring in Biological Sciences. Her research focused on improving the phosphorus use efficiency of perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) when grown with white clover (Trifolium repens). Rebecca’s academic background in terrestrial and freshwater ecology, and knowledge in Agri-systems has made her a welcome addition to the Waikato based team.
Rebecca has a holistic understanding of land use and its interactions with the surrounding environment, and has a strong interest in finding environmentally sustainable solutions. Rebecca also has experience in project management involving field and laboratory work and reporting.
Outside of her role at Morphum Environmental, Rebecca is also actively involved with Young Farmers and the Waikato Botanical Society, holding voluntary committee positions with both organisations.
• Science communication and community engagement
• Environmental impact assessment/assessment of environmental effects
• Knowledge of agricultural systems
• Ecological and environmental surveys
• Native flora identification
• Data collection and management
• Technical report writing
• Experiment design
• Management of field teams
• Volunteer coordination