Client: Auckland Council
Since June 2013, Morphum Environmental has been engaged by Auckland Council to provide professional services advice for all Auckland Council-owned small water supplies and wastewater systems, spanning approximately 400 sites.
The sites covered by the contract are not serviced by Watercare (the Council-owned water and wastewater service provider), and are generally in rural or coastal areas of Auckland. These water and wastewater systems are within regional and local sports parks and reserves, or standalone sites such as halls and toilet blocks.
Morphum Environmental has been successfully building relationships and identifying cost savings and improvements to optimise systems and reduce risks.
- Working collaboratively with numerous Auckland Council departments and maintenance contractors.
- Asset data management and consent compliance management.
- Registering and reporting on water supplies through the Water Information New Zealand database.
- Developing water safety plans and managing on-going supply risks in conjunction with Auckland Council staff and contractors.
- Completing resource consent renewals.
- Liaising with the District Health Board on behalf of Auckland Council
- Providing professional advice on small water and wastewater systems as needed to reduce risks and accommodate for site changes.
- Design and construction supervision of new assets.