Amir Montakhab is a senior environmental engineer at Morphum Environmental. He is based in Auckland.
mir has extensive technical experience in flood risk assessment, hydraulic modelling, stormwater system performance, river engineering, erosion assessment, rip-rap rock protection design and pipeline and pump station design. He has many years' experience in research, consultancy and construction environments, and has worked in multiple countries.
Amir holds a PhD in water resource engineering. His thesis focused on methods for removing sediment transported through vegetation channels. He has written several research papers in his field that have been published in peer reviewed, high impact factor journals.
Amir's passion is to incorporate water quality and quantity solutions together to improve the environment for the community and future generations.
- Water resource engineering.
- River engineering.
- Hydraulic modelling of pipe networks, open channels and overland flows using DHI (MIKE) and HEC-RAS software.
- Scour and erosion assessment and scour protection design.
- Pipeline and pump station design.
- Engineering investigation and data analysis.